Fremont, Calif., July 5, 2016 – Optoma, a world leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today is launching its HD142X 1080p home theater projector, improving upon its impressive Optoma HD141X, the top selling 1080p projector in the U.S. market.* With even better color and contrast, improved lamp life and a smaller form factor, the Optoma HD142X delivers an incredible high definition picture for an unmatched price point to enjoy movies, games, sports and TV.
With color and contrast ratio the two most critical elements to a great picture, Optoma has improved upon both with its HD142X. Adding an sRGB color mode, the Optoma HD142X reproduces accurate colors for PC and Mac content and color space, complementing the Reference Mode, which reproduces accurate Rec.709 HDTV broadcast spec colors – ensuring content created for any source will look true and vibrant. With an increase in contrast ratio to 23,000:1, this projector also provides rich blacks capable of showing important texture and detail in any picture.
In addition, lamp life has been improved to deliver up to 8,000 hours, a new and advanced optical lens ensures even sharper and crisper images. Its new and smaller form factor with a rear I/O panel makes adopting projection into a home even easier.
Features of the Optoma HD142X include:
- Accurate, rich colors: with both Rec.709 and sRGB color modes, the Optoma HD142X can deliver rich, true and accurate colors for any content
- Market-leading contrast: 23,000:1: its high contrast ratio means bright whites and dark, detailed blacks in any picture
- 1080p resolution: high-definition resolution translates to incredible picture detail for movies, games and more
- Brightness: With 3,000 lumens of brightness, the HD142X can be used in rooms with moderate ambient light, and can light up larger home screens - or walls
- 3D ready: Optoma HD142X supports all HDMI 1.4a mandatory 3D formats for playback of 3D content for immersive viewing
- Integrated sound: it features a 10-watt speaker for integrated audio/video and ultimately consumer ease of use
- Wireless and device compatibility: MHL devices such as Optoma’s HDCast Pro for wireless streaming, Roku® Streaming Stick, and smart phones connect directly to enable users to plays music and videos, view pictures and even share other content seamlessly
- Consumer friendly pricing: At only $579 (estimated street price), the Optoma HD142X delivers the best price-per-inch for incredible, large screen high-definition entertainment viewing, whether comparing to an HDTV or another high-definition projector
“As a leader in the consumer projection space, Optoma is focused on educating more consumers on the advantage of projectors over flat screen TVs – it’s simply too good of a value proposition to pass up today,” said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. “With the Optoma HD141X, we saw increased adoption of projection because we delivered an incredible high-definition entertainment experience – and with the HD142X, we’ve improved upon that to really hit home the message – projectors provide the best home entertainment and home theater experience, inch for inch.”
Optoma HD142X is now available for purchase online from Amazon, B&H Photo, Beach Camera, with more retailers coming soon, and shipping on July 18. For more information, please visit www.optomausa.com.
About Optoma Technology
Optoma Technology is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning video and audio products for home entertainment and theater, ProAV and business. With a focus on premium quality and functional style, products are designed with the end-user experience in mind. Optoma and NuForce products deliver stunning crystal clear images and exceptional sound with ultimate reliability. Optoma Technology is part of The Optoma Group, which has continental headquarters in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.optomausa.com.
*PMA Research, U.S. Retail Tracking Report, January 2015 - May 2016
Optoma is a world leading designer and manufacturer of projection and sound products for business, education, professional audio/video and home entertainment.
Optoma’s projection products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering and innovation to deliver stunning crystal clear images with ultimate reliability.
Optoma projectors use DLP® technology, pioneered by Texas Instruments. This uses millions of mirrors to produce high quality imagery which does not suffer colour degradation over time, as sometimes experienced in other projector technologies.
The Optoma NuForce sound range is designed for people that care about audio. They are built from premium quality components to deliver sleek design and exceptional sound.
The Optoma Group has continental headquarters in Europe, the USA and Asia; whilst Optoma Europe, based in London, covers Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Local services are delivered from regional offices in France, Germany, Norway, Spain and the Netherlands and sales representatives in the Czech Republic, Dubai, Italy, Poland, Russia, Romania and Saudi Arabia. www.optoma.com