Passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma Technology products captivate, inspire, and connect people for a better experience.
Optoma Technology, Inc. is a leading manufacture with award-winning digital display and home entertainment products and projectors for consumers, businesses, education, professional (Pro AV) and CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association) channels.
Optoma has quickly become a global leader in the manufacturing of high-resolution projection and digital display products. Optoma's product line-up includes multimedia projectors, Interactive Flat Panels, Direct view LED displays and accessories for mobile, professional and home theater installations.
This is a very exciting time to join us following the recent creation of Optoma Holding based in the UK. Together our global regions strive to improve our infrastructure, systems and processes.
During this exciting time, Optoma Technology, Inc. is playing a pivotal role in the transformation and this role looks to support our ever-continuing growth within the display industry.
This exciting role will allow the candidate the chance to develop new conformance skills within the display industry with the ultimate goal of ensuring exceptional performance and quality throughout the product life cycle, while working within a very positive and growing team environment.
SUMMARY: The Product and quality engineer will focus on all aspects of product qualification new product designs, from feedback & initial hardware qualification to complete system level hardware, firmware, and software requirements.
• Define and document a Product Test Strategy that addresses the levels of test needed at each stage of product development cycle
• Work directly with EA Product Management team to ensure evaluation strategy aligns with product launch and marketing goals
• Evaluation of products throughout the product life cycle, isolate and resolve non-compliance issues.
• Define and execute robust tests plans, test cases, test procedures, and very expected results, during each stage of product development
• As products and or technology evolves - devise, research, and create new compliance procedures.
• Coordinate with the EA Team and the factory/development team in Taiwan; and frequently update all stakeholders
• Maintain a transparent internal bug-reporting platform to improve product performance, ease of use and out of box experience
• Conduct product testing, produce detailed results, identify and drive issues to closure with PM and R&D teams
• Design and implement hardware and firmware test fixtures, devices, and /or routines
• Identify creative methods to reduce test time, without reducing test coverage, on subsequent product generations
• Assist in defining SOP documents (standard operating procedures) to assist customers, Customer Service, and TSC Team
• Work with PM and FAE team to support local customer services and sales in answering highly technical questions
• Support Sales and Marketing for key events either local, remote, or travel
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills, ability to adapt on the fly to meet new requests or changes in schedules. Ability to work independently.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to negotiate and Influencing others based on good working relationship and strong data points
• Proven ability to work across broad territories and across multiple cultures
• College graduate with, ideally with experience in electronics and hardware Test Engineering
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and speak Chinese Mandarin
• Experience testing hardware, firmware and software
• Passion for display technologies; Projection, Interactive Flat panels and LED displays in particular
• Experience designing test fixtures, devices, dongles, and/or routines
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills – analytical, perceptive, forward thinking
• Team player who is driven and dynamic