Last Updated: DECEMBER 21ST, 2022
We provide products and/or services to both consumers and businesses which include, but are not limited to, the supply of inter alia, visual displays, including projectors, interactive flat panels (IFP) and accessories.
Assistance For The Disabled:
- The categories of personal data we collect about you
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal data
- The purposes for which we use your personal data
- How we may disclose your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
- Region-specific information
Other web sites :
The Site may contain links to other web sites not operated or controlled by Optoma ("Third Party Sites"). This policy and procedures herein described do not apply to Third Party Sites. The links from the Site do not imply that Optoma endorses or has reviewed the Third-Party Sites or policies. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
1. The categories of personal data we collect about you
"Personal data" means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you depending on the nature of products and/or services we are providing and what we are contracted to do for you or the business on whose behalf you are acting. We have listed the categories of personal data we collect below:
Identifiers includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier and title, email address and telephone numbers.
Commercial Information includes records of products or services purchased, warranty registrations, and purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies including information about your business needs.
Professional Information from our business contacts, for example, business contact information and title.
Internet Activity Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website, and information about how you use our website.
Financial Information includes payment card details, billing address, and delivery address, for example, if you buy a spare part through our warranty program.
Sensory or Surveillance Data includes voicemails and recordings as described below in "User Content".
User Content includes data you submit when you contact customer service, sales support, user generated data you share whether through social media or a contest or otherwise contact Optoma. This may include recordings you might create, including audio or video recordings you submit in connection with customer service.
Communications Data during our communications with you, we may collect /record these communications as well as metadata about the communications, for example: date and time of the call or text (SMS or MMS) message and phone numbers.
Inferences We may draw inferences about you from other personal data we collect. For example, we might infer based on your warranty service requests that you would be interested in other products and solutions. We do for B2C eblasts as an example; if we track purchases, we add these people to our lists.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and our products and/or services.
Sensitive Personal Data: We do collect credit card details (please see above), but we do not collect other categories of Sensitive Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
We include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as "pixel tags", "web bugs" or "clear GIFs"), on the Site. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
2. HOW we collect your personal data
Direct interactions. We collect personal data directly from you when you fill out forms on our website or when you correspond with us by post, phone, email, social media, at a trade show or event, webinars, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: make an enquiry about our products and/or services; receive services relating to a product you have purchased; subscribe to our publications; request marketing be sent to you; or give us some feedback on the products and/or services we provide.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site, we may collect Internet Activity Information about your equipment, browsing behavior and patterns through automated technologies on the Site, e.g., cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as public databases.
Marketing / advertising companies: We may receive personal data for example, from social media platforms, consumer research companies, and analytics or marketing / advertising companies.
Affiliated companies : We may receive personal data from other entities in the Optoma family of companies.
Service providers: We might receive personal data about you from our service providers, for example, analytics providers.
Recording Technologies : We may also collect personal data about you from voicemail technologies and audio/video recording technologies (for example during webinars or trade shows) with consent to the extent required by law for example, when you contact customer service or provide feedback.
Government: We may at times receive personal data from law enforcement officials, public health officials, and other government authorities.
Public internet sources: Optoma might collect personal data about you from public internet sources such as public databases.
Other sources : We may also collect personal data about you from other sources such referrals and feedback from distributors and retailers.
3. The purposes for which we use your personal data
- To manage our warranty program, including shipping/returning products/parts to customers and updating you on the status of your repair.
- To administer and manage our B2B rewards program.
- To create and administer your account and to communicate with you about your account (including any purchases, payments, or products/services warranties).
- To provide investor or authorized dealer services.
- To respond to customer queries in connection with our products and/or services, for example, responding and dealing with enquiries and requests through our website including online forms and enquiry submissions.
- To perform our contract obligations.
Support and Marketing:
- For customer support, legal, and record-keeping purposes.
- To evaluate and respond to customer feedback.
- Where you have agreed to receive such information, making suggestions and recommendations to you by email about products, services, promotions, and other news about your company that may be of interest to you/your business.
- To improve our Site, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- To administer surveys and review results.
- To conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, and managing our brand).
- To perform operations to maintain the services, including conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Monitoring, Security, and Compliance:
- To administer and protect our business and our Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, and preventing fraud and abuse).
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
- To protect our business from security threats including, but without limitation to, threats to our IT infrastructure.
- To store, host, backup (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) our services or any data contained therein.
- To monitor compliance with our policies.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Optoma, you or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of Optoma or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
- To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations.
- To exercise Optoma's rights under applicable law and to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before a jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
Incidental purposes :
Any incidental purposes related to, or in connection with, the above.
Tracking Across Time and Different Sites
The Site does not track your online activities over time and across websites or online services on an individually identifiable basis. We also do not allow third parties to use our Site to track your activities over time or across other websites.
At times, we may convert personal data into de-identified information using reasonable measures to ensure that the deidentified information cannot be associated with the individual ("Deidentified Information"). We maintain Deidentified Information in a deidentified form and do not attempt to reidentify it, except that we may attempt to reidentify the information solely for the purpose of determining whether its deidentification processes ensure that the information cannot be associated with the individual. We prohibit vendors, by contract, from attempting to reidentify our Deidentified Information.
4. HOW WE MAY DisclosE your personal data
Optoma generally maintains the confidentiality of your personal data. However, Optoma may have a legitimate business need to disclose your personal data for one of the purposes listed in Section 3, above, to one or more of the categories of external recipients listed below.
- Vendors : Optoma discloses your personal data to service providers and contractors for the purposes above to assist us in providing our products and services and in meeting our business needs and legal obligations. Optoma only discloses your personal data to service providers and contractors subject to written contracts as required by applicable law. Service providers and contractors include business partners, independent contractors, advisers, accountants, and insurers.
- Affiliated companies :Other companies in the Optoma Group when necessary to perform the services, or for required internal reporting requirements.
- Required Disclosures : We may be required to disclose personal data in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections : We may disclose personal data when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Optoma, our customers, or others.
- Corporate Transactions : We may be required to personal data in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, bankruptcy, the sale of all, or substantially all, of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data pursuant to our instructions and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You should be aware, however, that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. REGION-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The personal data collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by Optoma and located in the United States. Companies within the Optoma group of companies that are located in other countries may have access to this personal data for business purposes.
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise your right subject to applicable law by contacting [email protected]. We may need to verify your identity in accordance with applicable law.
Our data privacy officer is Katherine Gledhill, Global Head of Legal available at [email protected].
- PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Subsection ("Privacy Rights for California Residents") applies only to California residents.
- Data Retention
Optoma's Record Retention Schedule (the "Schedule"), a copy of which can be requested by emailing [email protected], has been created to ensure that records are kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Subject to applicable law, California residents have the following rights:
Right to Know : You have the right to submit a verifiable request for copies of specific pieces of your personal data obtained from you and for information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data.
Right to Delete : You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the deletion of personal data that you have provided to us.
Right to Correct : You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the correction of inaccurate personal data maintained by us, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of processing the personal data.
Right to Restrict Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data : You have the right to restrict the use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Data to only those purposes permitted under the California Privacy Rights Act, such as security, quality control, uses required by law, and disclosures to vendors in support of the permitted purposes. This right only applies to Sensitive Personal Data collected or processed by us for the purpose inferring characteristics about you. Please note that Optoma does not use Sensitive Personal Data as defined by the California privacy legislation, for any reason other than the permitted purposes.** Inferring Characteristics**: Optoma does not collect or process sensitive personal data for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals.
No selling or "sharing", i.e., disclosure for cross-context behavioral advertising:
Optoma does not sell personal data or share personal data for cross-context behavioral advertising. For the sake of clarity and in conformity with the relevant legislation, to its actual knowledge, Optoma does not sell the personal data of consumers under 16-years of age or share that data for cross-content behavioral advertising.
- How to Exercise Your California Rights
You can submit requests to exercise your rights in the following ways:
- How We Will Verify Your Request
The processes that we follow to verify your identity if you make an above request to know, delete/anonymize or correct your personal data are described below. The relevant process depends on how and why the request is submitted.
If you submit a request by any means other than through a password-protected account that you created before the date of your request, the verification process that we follow will depend on the nature of your request as described below:
- Requests to Know Categories or Purposes: If you exercise your Right to Know, we will match at least two data points that you provide with your request, or in response to your request, against information about you that we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. Examples of relevant data points include your mobile phone number, your zip code, or information about products or services that you have purchased from us.
- Requests to Know Specific Pieces of Personal Data : We will match at least three data points that you provide with your request to know, or in response to our request for verification information, against information that we already have about you in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. In addition, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the individual whose personal data is the subject of the request.
- Requests to Correct or Delete Personal Data : When requesting to have your personal data corrected or deleted, we will need to verify your identity. Our process for verifying your identity will depend on the type (as determined by Optoma) of personal data that you ask us to correct/delete, however our basic verification process will require a match of two data points as described in Point No. 1, above. If deemed necessary by Optoma, we will require a match of three data points and a signed declaration as described in Point No. 2, above.
We have implemented the following additional procedures when verifying the identity of requestors:
If we cannot verify your identity based on the processes described above, we may ask you for additional verification. If we do so, we will not use that information for any purpose other than verification.
If we cannot verify your identity to a sufficient level of certainty to respond to your request, we will let you know promptly and explain why we cannot verify your identity.
If an authorized agent submits a request to know, correct, or delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) a document signed by you that authorizes the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you or your authorized agent to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity. You can obtain "Authorized Agent Designation" form by contacting us at [email protected].
- Our Non-Discriminatory Policy
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights under California law.
- Do Not Track Setting
- Disclosures for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Consumers who use the services may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to [email protected]
For More Information
Email address: [email protected]
Postal address: 47697 Westinghouse Drive, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Telephone number: 510-897-8600