The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
• Oversee all of the company’s accounting practices, including accounting and finance departments,
• Directs financial strategy, planning and forecasts; working with the President, VP of Sales and other department heads as well as the management team in Company’s Taiwan headquarters.
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, internal control, and conservation of assets.
• Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
• Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
• Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
• Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
• Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
• Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Maximizes return and limits risk including assistance in obtaining all necessary licenses and proper maintenance of all insurance required.
• Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements and management reports to pinpoint potential weak areas.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
• Review contracts and legal documents and work with outside legal counsel in dealing with various legal matters.
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
• Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department which includes staff accountant and analyst responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and financial analysis
• A minimum of 10 years experience in an advanced management role.
• CPA designation preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
• Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracts negotiation, and change management.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Work requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
• Requires the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Experience in system implementation and NetSuite preferred.
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
• Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Fluency in Mandarin both written and spoken is preferred but not required.