Making PlayTime More Playful
Optoma’s PT105 PlayTime gaming projector brings all of the favorite features and affordability of the Optoma PlayTime family with increased brightness and connectivity. Rated at 75 Lumens, this travel projector increases brightness by 50 percent over the previous generation and enhances contrast ratio to 1000:1 (Full On/Full Off). The addition of an HDMI connector allows users to readily connect to the broadest possible range of output sources to create a dynamic home theater and gaming experience.
Key Features and Benefits
- Big-screen and bright display: 16:9 wide screen (854x480 native resolution) and 75 ANSI Lumens
- Super portable at 1.9 pounds
- Solid sound: A 1.5-Watt built-in speaker
- Excellent color and a long lifetime: Utilizes LED light source with a lifetime over 20,000 hours
- Versatile: HDMI, VGA and audio/video inputs connects to variety of sources
The Everyone Projector
The Optoma PT105 gaming projector is designed for anyone who wants to take their video games and movies with them so the fun goes wherever they do. This travel projector is appropriate for a wide variety of purposes and especially attractive to first-time buyers who want an affordable and easy-to-use option. The slim and light design allows you to move this projector from the kids playroom (where the LED design and ease of use let it link readily to gaming systems) to the living room or back yard for a family movie night. For a home office or small business, this projector delivers a simple and cost-effective way to share presentations and slideshows.
The PlayTime gaming projector projects a 60-inch widescreen image onto a wall, screen or ceiling from as little as 10 feet away. The PT105 creates big-screen fun without hassles, connecting readily to a wide range of sources including:
- Video game consoles, such as PS3, Wii and xBox
- Hand-held devices (such as tablets and smart phones)
- Blu-ray players
- Cable and satellite receivers
- Digital still and video cameras
Designed to Move
The PT105 travel projector is designed with portability in mind. Weighing only 1.9 pounds and measuring 7.8 inches by 3.2 inches by 7.8 inches, this lightweight and compact projector goes where you do. Instant on/off feature and cool operation ensure that it can be conveniently moved from room to room.
Easy to Use
All the controls—buttons for power, menu, and source, plus a triangular directional pad with up/down and left/right arrow buttons—are on the top of the unit. Arrows control the volume, and allow users to navigate the on-screen display. Using the menu, you can adjust the aspect ratio, image preferences, menu language, image orientation, and select sources. A focus wheel above the lens allows users to manage picture clarity.
LED Design Advantage
The PT105’s LED technology delivers low power consumption that is as little as 10 percent of what a 42-inch LCD television uses. The same LED technology provides vivid color, durability and long life that make it attractive to price-sensitive small business and consumer users.
The LED light source has an estimated lifetime of more than 20,000 hours (equivalent to using the projector four hours every day for over thirteen years). LED is incredibly cost effective compared to lamp-based projectors. For example, users with a lamp-based projector would have to replace the lamp in the projector at least four times over 20,000 hours of usage—at a cost of over $800, compared to the completely maintenance-free LED lamp.
The LED-based design, in addition to being environmentally friendly with low power usage and the elimination of mercury and other hazardous materials, allows for cool operation which in turn allows for the compact size.
Leading the DLP Market in the Americas
Optoma Technology is the leading manufacturer of Texas Instrument’s DLP® projectors in North and South America. TI’s DLP features multi-color processing to produce accurate and vibrant colors on the screen.
Optoma’s product line offers products designed to meet the needs of any kind of user, from mobile professionals, gamers and home theater enthusiasts including those with large-venue applications. Designed and built to deliver reliability, usability and image quality, Optoma projectors help users get the most out of their digital content, encourage collaboration and communicate clearly and effectively. Optoma projectors are designed to provide the features that you need today and a path to grow into other capabilities as you need them.
Green by Design
As part of the Optoma ProJect Green™ program, the Optoma PT105 PlayTime projector, which incorporate LED technology, have been designed and manufactured for eco-friendliness. These projectors:
- Are designed to be compact and lightweight, which ensures a reduction in the production of green house gas emissions during transportation.
- Incorporate an LED light source. LED lamps last 20,000 (or 9.6 years of 40 hour per week use) for long life. LEDs produce less heat and consume less power compared to traditional projector lamps for excellent energy savings. LEDs do not contain mercury or other environmentally hazardous materials.
- Are packaged for eco-friendliness. Optoma uses minimal packaging to create a smaller ecological footprint at disposal. The entire package is recyclable.
- Comply with RoHS standards by eliminating lead and other hazard materials.
What's in the Box
This package includes the Optoma PT105 projector, power supply and composite RCA cable.